Tuesday 28 May 2013

My Quotes Obsession!!

Hey Everyone! How are you all? :)

So, you may or may not know this but.. I'm a teeny bit obsessed with quotes. When I say obsessed, I mean they're all over my room. As I'm exhausted from my summer job, I won't be posting about that, so I'll tell you about my quotes obsession!

I'm genuinely not sure when the quotes obsession originated, but I'm sure it was when I was around ten or eleven. I became absolutely infatuated with quotes and lyrics when I was around fourteen, when I started on Twitter and Tumblr, so I became more aware of amazing quotes on the internet and in particular, Mark Twain quotes. Something about his quotes (Also in particular those of Albert Einstein) just really appealed to me.

I have a theory that the quotes you relate to most, in a way, relate to your life and mind perhaps. It's only a theory. For example, I relate most to quotes about the future, life and happiness, but in particular, the future. I have a fear that I will never live up to expectations, and being honest, this is quite daunting at times. That fear that you will never live up to the greatness of others. It weighs me down but I've learnt that I have to think positively, it's the only way I'll avoid letting everything burden me to extremities. For a while, I craved happiness, I'm not sure why, but I felt unhappy and I turned to reading quotes to find the ''solution'' to happiness. I found 'happiness' through a quote by Albert Einstein;

If you want to be happy, tie it to a goal, not people or objects. 

I found this quote to be so true, so that's what I like to do now, tie happiness in goals. I already tried tying happiness in people and objects, to be honest it didn't quite work out. So I listened/read the quote by Einstein and the penny dropped for me. Since I discovered the quote I have been so much happier. Another one I try live by is ''Life begins at the end of your comfort zone'' I try live by this one so much that I even set a photo of the quote as my background on my Twitter, so I can always be reminded that, life begins at the end of your comfort zone. I quite like some quotes from Dan Howell too, in particular this one:

''You are an independent mind in this universe than can do everything and anything you have ever dreamed of!''

That quote always manages to make me smile. Perhaps it's the contribution of the quote being said by one of my favourite people ever and how truthful it is. I wrote the quote out and stuck it in front of my desk, in a mish-mash of other quotes that appeal to me. I was bored last week and looked through all the quotes I had saved and wrote out my favourites in different coloured markers.


My family raised a few eyebrows at first but they say reading some of the quotes are quite nice if they happen to walk into my room to drop something in (usually a pair of Converse or my badminton stuff, I'm always leaving them somewhere in the house!)

I'm going to post a few photos of the quotes I have on my walls, maybe someday I'll do a room tour! (Maybe not, you could blink and miss the entire tour)

Playlist for this blog!
The Coronas ~ Listen Dear
One Republic ~ Secrets
Elbow ~ One Day Like This
Kings of Leon ~ Use Somebody
The ''collage'' right in front of my desk, it's for the motivation you know.. 
(Dan's quote is on the left hand side, you can see a photo of him beside it)

Some more quotes near my desk

This one is right beside my bed, so it's the first thing I see when I wake up.

A quote I simply adore, it's from Mark Twain and it used to be my header on this very blog! 

This is on my 'pinkboard' I was given as a child, I mainly use it to write quotes or countdown's to events but now for quotes

A lesson I learned multiple times! It's so true. 

My white/cork board! All the little sheets are individual quotes and I stuck an Albert Einstein quote on the whiteboard as his quotes are among my favourites.


One of the quotes I try to live by; ''No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind. ~ Taylor Swift. I have some more of her quotes stuck around my room and even in my diary.. Maybe I shouldn't have said that..!


*I was going to upload a little video clip but it wouldn't upload! I'll try later and if it works I'll update!
Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless
Aveen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.