Sunday 28 September 2014

Bad Blood.

Hey Everyone! 

So I'm officially an eighteen year old. Which, personally is a slightly terrifying thought. I am a legal adult. I. Am. A. Legal. Adult. It feels as though I just jumped from being a thirteen year old to an eighteen year old in the space of an afternoon. 

This blog post is different. It's different for a number of reasons. As an eighteen year adult I feel that I should act in a more mature manner (don't laugh it's a serious thought) and that those around me, in my immediate friends and those trying their best to try break in to my zone once more should try be mature too. 

Bad blood is a feeling of hatred towards someone, if you didn't know. In my eighteen years, I have had my fair share experience of bad blood. I think most people do too. Between disagreements and comments, everyone has experienced bad blood. It's not something I'm proud of, however it happens and I know when to stop a 'fight' and to move on with my life, which I'm quite good at, mainly due to experience of learning to move on to the next adventure life has in store. 

It's when others don't know when to move on. It's when the bad blood boils under the surface is when it's wrong. Life progresses, life moves on and in the words of Stephen Chbosky, ''Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”  My life is very different to how it was last year. It's different in both positive and negative ways. Things and my situations have changed, friends have left, more friends have joined and life keeps going, no matter what situation you are in.  

The teenage years are the most turbulent I'm told. We figure out our true identities and paths in life, we decide who to bring along on our journey and who to leave behind. Bad blood can have a heavy influence on these decisions. When you leave someone's life, that doesn't give you the right to come knocking whenever you fancy. Once you leave a person and their friend group, you're gone for good, there's no 'Get of Jail Free' card here. 

Leaving a person's life doesn't allow you to come back for showdowns or snide comments both in real life or online. Nor does possessing bad blood give you that right. I'm entitled to live my life the way I please. I've made mistakes in the past (Oh I do know that, I don't really need reminding) however just because you know about them, doesn't mean you are automatically allowed to bring them up every time I breathe.

Bad blood can be sad. It can be tragic that people can possess that much enmity or hatred towards a person or group for a long amount of time.  We are all the protagonist in our own lives, that doesn't mean that everyone else is the antagonist. I mean, to possess so much hatred over a prolonged period of time, the hatred must consume a person? Instead of being filled with hope, optimism, joy, buoyancy and exhilaration of life, a person possessing bad blood most likely feels all the opposite. 

I think that's a waste of a life. Spending days, months or even years focused on bad blood, hatred, and trying to ruin another human being's day, week or life, is a sham of how human life should be experienced. Life should be filled with happy moments, not sitting in your room thinking about how much you hate a person. That's not the way it should be. 

I'm writing this blog post for a reason. I'm tired of people holding grudges against me for things which I moved on from long ago. I urge others to do the same. It's sad when people who haven't been friends with me for years openly 'have a go' at me as if it's their god given right. Just because you were once friends with someone doesn't give you the right to openly despise them nor make me feel like it's my problem, when it is in fact the opposite. 

My advice on dealing with bad blood? Move on. Two short words. It's okay to have a little vent once a friendship ends, but continuing to do for weeks, months or even years is worrying and not good for your well-being, nor the person you discuss or have bad blood with. Read a book, sing a song, and live your own life to the maximum, instead of being so obsessed with hating and ridiculing another's life. 


*I heard the song 'Bad Blood' by Bastille, which inspired this song.
 'All this bad blood here, won't you let it dry?
                                               It's been cold for years, won't you let it lie?' 

So that's all from me, I'll be posting in the coming days about my 18th and everything I did this weekend and more!
Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless!
Aveen xx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.