Saturday 18 January 2014

What A Treacherous Thing To Believe That A Person Is More Than A Person..

Hey Everyone!

Sorry for not posting last week. In a nutshell, I had a tonne of homework/study and honestly didn't have a minute to myself to write a blog post. It really did irritate me that I couldn't post anything, but the reality is that my schoolwork has to take priority over everything for the next couple of years so I can achieve what I want with my life.

My life has been quite quiet lately which may make my blog posts seem 'dull' but everything is still going by as quickly as other weeks. It feels as though I haven't been on my blog in weeks and I'm not sure how I like that. I was considering a brief break/hiatus while I figured out what I was writing on my blog, however I don't think it's quite necessary any more.

The title of this blog post is a quote from one of my favourite authors, John Green. If you didn't know, I have a John Green book shrine and several of his quotes plastered all over my bedroom walls. I really relate to many of his quotes, and in particular this quote. It is a dangerous thing to believe that a person is more than a person. You're liable to get hurt and to excuse their actions much more than if they were simply a ''person''

But on a more positive note, I'll tell you about my week (and maybe an extract of a draft blog post I'd been planning) I'm not sure if I said it already, but I'd like to say a huge thank you for helping me reach 12,000 page views on my blog recently, every thousand is a huge milestone and I appreciate it immensely.

So my last two weeks have been filled with school work, procrastinating, studying, flinging maths books across my room (possible slight exaggeration but it's how I felt) & learning how to write an essay about the environment in Irish. I've been learning my seanfhocal (Irish sayings) so thoroughly that I've begun to start using them in actual conversation, much to the confusion of my family and friends.

I also received a letter from the Gaeltacht I'm going to in the summer (more details later) about a meeting I've to attend in early February (it's compulsory when it's your first time to the Gaeltacht) and I have to learn Amhran na bhFiann (which I know most of already from primary school wahey) so I'll be singing the national anthem for the next few weeks, which may be awkward.

So while I'm on the topic of the Gaeltacht, I suppose I should explain what it is and why I'm going there. The Gaeltacht(s) are multiple areas all over Ireland where only Irish is spoken. In the summer, you can stay on courses in Gaeltacht areas (mainly in Galway) for up to three weeks and speak the language and improve your vocabulary. I'm going in early June of this year for three weeks. So yes, there are vacancies for guest posts during that time too. (I'll be mentioning further details of this closer to the time) I'm hoping staying in the Gaeltacht will improve my Irish. I'm studying Honours Irish in my Leaving Cert and I need a good grade if I want to become a primary school teacher. So I'm determined to make the most of the three weeks I'll be over there!



This honestly terrified me, well, because I'm seventeen and planning for someday. 
Source : Google Images


Not ANOTHER page of Irish sayings to learn! (My life for the past few weeks)


Playlist for this blog post: 
One Republic ~ Counting Stars
Bastille ~ Of The Night
One Republic ~ Stop And Stare
The Script ~ Before The Worst
Maroon 5 ~ She Will Be Loved
Damien Rice~ The Blowers Daughter

That's about it from me for this week! I'm glad to be back blogging! 
Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless!
Aveen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.