So today I was preparing for Halloween and I decided to bake special Halloween themed chocolate chip muffins! Literally my favourite thing to bake! Here's my recipe and method for baking these delicious and spooky muffins.
You will need: (To make a dozen)
75g butter or margarine
225g self-raising flour
150 chocolate chips
1 tablespoon of baking powder
A drop of vanilla essence
1 medium sized egg
** Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
1. Cream the butter and sugar together
2. Whisk the egg, milk and essence in a separate jug
3. Put into mixing bowl
4. Sieve in flour, baking powder and coca powder
5. ''Fold in'' gently eg stir until it's all soft, chocolatey and yummy
6. Pour in the chocolate chips!
7. Place mixture into cupcake cases in a cupcake baking tray
8. Place in oven and allow to cook for exactly 22 minutes!
9. Once baked, place on a wire tray and allow to cool.
To decorate my cupcakes I used chocolate butter icing and various sprinkles (see below!)
One of the finished cupcakes!
The Sprinkles I used
I also bought a Halloween themed cupcake stand to add more effect!
Mmmm! I hope you all enjoyed this and bake your own Halloween themed cupcakes!
Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless! (BOO!)
PS! I still have to post my Penneys/Primark Haul from last week and ''My House at Halloween'' Stay tuned! I'll be tweeting HERE when those will be posted! xx