The rules are the following!
1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you
3. Pick 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to be nominated
4. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Notify your nominees
Pam set me the following questions! This will be an interesting read!
1. Your favourite quote and why? My favourite quote at the moment is, ''Work for a cause, not for applause. Life life to express, not to impress. Don't strive to have your presence noticed, just make your presence felt.'' Another quote I love is ''Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've always imagined'' the second quote has been echoing in my head for days!
2. Growing up, who did you admire? I admired my Mam, and I still do! She's so lovely to everyone she meets and is always there to talk about anything. She always listens and give brilliant advice and guidance, I credit her with everything I have ever achieved, she always encourages me to the best person I can and I love her for that.
3. What would you like to do after finishing school? I've been asked this several times in the past few days, after the Leaving Cert I want to become a primary school teacher! It's the only profession (apart from Law) I could ever see myself in. I've wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember, it has always been my ambition! I'd also love to travel, maybe live in a city like London and teach for a year there, it would be absolutely surreal.
4. Talk about your favourite band/artist and why you like them. Pam, you pick the trickiest questions! I'll speak about my favourite band and artist! Favourite artist is definitely Taylor Swift, I've been listening to her music for nearly 5 years and I know the lyrics to all her songs! It started as escapism when I was younger, her world was a parallel to mine, and I quite liked that. My favourite album is Speak Now, in particular the song ''Mean'' she also says such quotable things! (On the inside of my diary I wrote ''people throw rocks at things that shine'' and I can really relate to that.
Another is Ed Sheeran, (ssh his granny lives near me!) his music is so poetic and beautiful. I just ADORE his music and him. He's in the music industry to be a musician, not to have a fancy show, it's just Ed and his guitar.
My favourite band is probably The Coronas, they're an Irish band and I find their music quite catchy and comforting, they've translated some of their songs into Irish and I even learnt the Irish versions, it's really made learning Irish easier somehow. They seem like lovely lads in the band too, my cousin saw them live and they're nearly better live than on their album, genuine talent.
5. The greatest compliment you've ever received and who gave it to you.
Since starting this blog I have received so many lovely messages from fellow bloggers via various social networking sites, I won't quote all of them but they've really brightened up my day whenever I read them, so thank you! In school we also had ''Tell Her Tuesdays'' and a couple of lads genuinely said nice things too. I've begun to try focusing on the positive after focusing on the negative for so incredibly long, there's no real compliments that stand out for me really, I remember several teachers telling me ''I had great potential to do great things'' and then people compliment my outfits occasionally too!
6. The name of your first pet. This is really weird but, I never had any pets! My parents didn't really like pets around the house, I wasn't that fussed either to be honest. I have a horrendous fear of dogs anyway so I was happy not to have any.
7. Do you like school? Yes, I actually do like school, I try my utmost best to work and be well behaved in school. One thing I don't like in school is how judgemental people can be, the prejudice that resides in the school is sickening. If you look different or act differently, you will instantly be judged and talked about. Do anything out of the ordinary and you're just plain weird. It's sad really. Apart from that, school is alright.
8. An embarrassing memory. My entire life is an embarrassing memory! When I was reading 'The Fault In Our Stars' on the way from London to Dublin and started silently crying is a little cringey when I think back on it, especially when Emer and Eimear (yes, they spell it different ways) were sitting beside me, thinking ''What is wrong with her?'' then I showed them the book cover and they understood!
9. The most important quality you feel a person should have. This is a tricky one but, loyalty. You should stay loyal and honest to your friends and family, always be there for them and also kindness, be good to people, it's a wonderful legacy to leave behind. To be known by others as someone who was kind to people, when they gained nothing from doing so, is a lovely thing in my eyes.
10. Something that irritates you. How judgemental people are about mental health. I was in a group that promoted positive mental health last year and there is such a stigma attached to mental health it's terrible. If a person is diagnosed with depression or self harms, they need your help, they don't need you judging them and gossiping about their misfortune behind their back. I saw it with my own eyes how people react to mental health issues, if you've a broken arm you can tell anyone about it, if you mention you're feeling under the weather or ''It's a black dog day'' you're immediately thought to be attention seeking or self-centred which is horrible!
11. Who are your style icons? I don't really have any style icons to be honest! I love Taylor Swift's, Jennifer Lawrence's and Kate Middleton's outfits, but it doesn't necessarily mean I would wear them too. I read some fashion magazines and view what is deemed ''fashionable'' and if I like what I see, I would wear it. At the moment I'm obsessed with wearing coloured skinny jeans and light jumpers with my Vans or Converse.
I nominate the following! *drum roll*
and that's all I can think of! Oops..
The Questions Are The Following:
1. If were to talk to your 10 year old self, would they be proud of you?
2. How many languages do you know?
3. Would you ever go bald if it was in style? ie EVERYONE was doing it.
4. Favourite perfume?
5. Favourite YouTubers?
6. One thing you want to do before you die?
7. Favourite number and why?
8. What do you order at Starbucks?
9. One thing in your wardrobe/closet you can't live without?
Ps, I will be posting my weekly update sometime this weekend, I'm not sure if I'll have time to post a video though! We'll see how everything plays out. x