Sunday 21 December 2014

The Christmas Tag!

Hey Everyone!

It's nearly Christmas, can you feel the excitement and joy in the air? I was tagged by Jane from Dorky, Fizzy and Quirky Stuff to do the Christmas Tag! Enjoy. 



What is your favourite Christmas film?
It's definitely a toss up between Love Actually and Miracle on 34th Street. I just watched Miracle on 34th Street again this afternoon while wrapping some presents and my inner child emerged as I squealed with excitement. I also adore Love Actually, it's so cheesy but I love it!

 
Have you ever had a White Christmas?

I'm pretty sure there have been a couple of them in my 18 years. I remember Christmas 2004 (THAT'S TEN YEARS AGO OH GOD) Where it literally began snowing on Christmas morning as we were getting ready for The Children's Mass that morning. It truly was the epitome of a White Christmas. It snowed in 2010 as well and I can't really remember any other years. 
Where do you usually spend the holidays?

Generally at home. We visit Nana on Christmas Eve before Mass and see my other cousins on Christmas Morning in my aunt and uncle's house. All of my cousins, Aunts and Uncles go and we all chat and relax for an hour or so then head on home to our own houses. It sounds strange but it's become a tradition.
 
What is your favourite Christmas song?

Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl of course! It's truly an Irish classic. 

Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?

We only open presents from a particular Aunt as every year we get pyjamas and we always wear the new pj's to bed on Christmas Eve night. Her children (who are around my age) do the same thing. It's another little tradition that we've continued over the years.
 
Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
 Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Vixen, Donner, Blitzen. and Rudolph!
 
What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Mainly the ones mentioned above!

Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
It's fake, it was real I would probably be sneezing like a maniac. 
What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
Food would be Mammy's Christmas dinner and sweet treat would be Mammy's homemade sticky toffee puddings and sauce. YUM!

Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?

I prefer giving gifts so I can hopefully see the look of joy on the face of the person receiving the gift!

What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?

That is such a tough question. Over the years I've been lucky and have been given such beautiful, thoughtful presents. I can't name just a single present. My family are genuinely brilliant at choosing presents for me, I've never had a present I didn't like. 

 
What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?

No where really. I prefer to stay at home for Christmas. For me, Christmas is for spending time at home with your loved ones. Although going abroad would be lovely, the thought of spending Christmas somewhere abroad sounds insane. 


Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?

I've improved over the years. I have an obsession with having the wrapping perfect so I always put a lot of effort into it.
Most memorable holiday moment?
 .
There's so many I couldn't possibly decide!

What made you realise the truth about Santa?

There's little eyes and ears on my page. Did you not see Miracle on 34th Street? It explains it all there ;)

Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?

I don't really make any New Year resolutions, I feel that so many people break them they're not really worth much. I do generally make a promise to myself to achieve a certain goal that year, eg happiness or what not. So that could technically be a resolution?
 
What makes the holidays special for you?

Spending time with my family and of course, the food :D :D 

So that's about it from me, I tag Grace and Rachel

Stay Strong, Happy & Fearless!
Aveen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.