Wednesday 5 June 2013

Writing Stories and Inspirations

So, I have a little bit of a confession to make.  *Deep breath* As you might know, I love reading and writing. It's one of my ultimate passions. There's just something magical about getting a piece of paper and a pen to create an entirely new universe that's completely your own. It's something that enthrals and excites me so much.

 I'm usually thinking of random and exciting new idea's for books or short stories all the time. If anyone ever see's me just sitting idly and silent, it doesn't mean I've nothing to say or I'm a loner. It simply means I'm deep in my own thoughts, thoughts about this blog (which I take seriously in case you didn't notice) or simply story ideas. My mind is constant in thoughts of writing and creating new worlds. 


As I have a summer job, I really haven't had a lot of time recently to think about idea's or write them down. It's just the way it is right now and sadly, there's nothing I can do about that. To be honest, if I had the free time to write stories down, I'd probably be on Tumblr or watching Sherlock (one of my new loves) so I can't blame it on that. However, that said, one of my latest blog posts, the dreams and goals asdfghjkl post, originated from a trail of thought I had during my break one day last week. I'm considering bringing a notebook to use in my breaks, to use for blog posts and also my own personal writing. 


I'm ashamed to say, around this time last year, I had an amazing idea in my head to write a story throughout the entire of Transition Year, seeing as ''I would have the time to do things like that'' alas, it was never meant to be, seeing as I left Transition Year with little or no writing complete. Sorry, no writing whatsoever even started. It's something I have reflected upon lately and fills me with a certain remorse, that I had such a brilliant opportunity for possibly a novel, the possibilities are endless, and I never took up that opportunity. It's funny because I entered so many writing competitions during Transition Year and even received certificates and attended awards ceremonies (last night I was watching Prime Time briefly and the Legal Editor of a well known Irish newspaper was speaking and I started giggling, I met her at an awards ceremony in a university for an essay I wrote!) 


I really can't see why I never took up the opportunity to write a story or even an entire book. I really feel as though I have lost out as now I'm going into 5 th Year and I fear I won't have enough time to do anything like that any more. I'm afraid that I'll just be doing homework and working hard. It's what I have to do, but I feel guilty nonetheless that I never wrote anything. 


I'm going to be optimistic and say I'm going to try write something (anything!) during the summer. Even if it's some gibberish in my diary. I was going through images on Google and discovered these (hence the inspiration behind this post, aren't you all so lucky?)




These quotes are all too true and I relate to them too much..Excuse me while I drown my feelings of guilt guys! Woooo

Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless
Aveen xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.