Sunday 1 September 2013

J.O.A.L.L.A.P Blog Collaboration Day #7 with Alex!

Hey Everyone!

It's Day SEVEN of our amazing J.O.A.L.L.A.P. collab! What a quick week! I hope you know us all better now and read our blog! Today's post is from Alex! (link below!)


"You can never be overdressed or overeducated."
-Oscar Wilde

Hi everyone, I'm Alex, a member of J.o.a.l.l.a.p! I am super excited to be sharing my very first post with you on the topic of "me."

Before I get into my actual post, I thought I would give you a short biography on myself. As I said earlier, my name is Alex. I am a 14 year old girl from the USA and I have a love for writing. I started my blog on August 31, 2012 and I post journal entries, posts on beauty and fashion, tags, etc.

Taylor Swift is my idol and my lucky number is 13. That's why most of my usernames consist of "amazingalex13." My social media addictions are never ending. I love Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and of course Blogger! I recently got a Vine as well, but I barely have any followers, haha.


This post is about me and my adventures on the first day of school including my hair, outfit, and makeup! I figured this would be a great post because you get to learn about my style and you get a tiny taste of my personality!


Hair
I took my shower the night before, because I knew I had to get up early and I would struggle a bit with that. I applied heat protector by Aussie on it. It's not my favorite, but it does the trick. I then used a flat iron to straighten my hair. I want my hair looking fabulous without overdoing it.

I then applied my Taylor by Taylor Swift hair mist. I got it at Ulta. It smells pretty good, although it is a bit strong, so if you do buy it and apply it, I would only use one squirt.

I also added a black headband, just to keep my hair out of my face. I hate having my hair in my face during school. It gets very distracting very easily. Hahaha.

Makeup
I got a pretty good tan for having "pale girl" problems. I did not yet buy a foundation that matched my skin tone. Although, I do have a concealer that does the trick. My skin wasn't too broken out at the time, so it covered what I needed to.

Moving on to eyes! I used the shade "Daydream" by Bareminerals and applied it all over my lid. I didn't want to overdue my eyes. I like to keep my eyes very natural. For mascara, I used the L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Fortifier and Extender Mascara in Carbon Black 505. I really like this mascara because it lengthens my eyelashes and darkens them. Sometimes it doesn't separate too well, so I have to use an eyelash comb. I still love the effect!

Cheeks! I used a random blush (sorry, I don't have the name), from Covergirl. I used the middle color for my cheeks and used the lightest color to swirl it up to my temples for a natural affect.

On my lips I used a lip balm by E.O.S in the flavor vanilla. It's from the Alice In Wonderland collection. On top of that I applied a lipgloss in the shade True Love's First Kiss by Disney. I got it when I went on vacation in June.

That's it for the makeup, as you can tell, it was pretty natural.

Outfit & Accessories
Since I kept my hair and makeup subtle, I decided to go all out on my outfit.




As you may have noticed, I am wearing glasses in this picture. I was going to school and need to see! (I'm blind as a bat!) You may have also noticed my sister in this photo. Please just ignore her, I  didn't get a chance to take a single picture of myself, so we will have to go with this.

Dress: Roxy
Cardigan: N/A (T.J Maxx, maybe)
Silver Rings: Old Navy
Watch: Roxy
Sandals: Aeropostale

I think that's about it! I kept things pretty simple. Be sure to check out the official J.o.a.l.l.a.p blog for tomorrow's post by Lemmie. This week's post will be quite more exciting than this week's post. Click here to check it out.

Thank you so much for reading! Hope to see you on our blog! For my personal blog, you can check out the link below. I also posted my email incase you have any requests, questions or if you're just looking for a chat. Thanks again!

Xoxo,

Alex

My Blog: http://allaboutamazingalex.blogspot.com/
My Email: amazingalex1313@gmail.com



Here's the order of who'll be posting (and links to their blogs!)


Monday ~ Lemmie
Tuesday ~  Jamie 
Wednesday ~ Ony
Thursday ~ Me!
Friday ~ Phoebs               
Saturday ~  Leah              
Sunday ~  Alex 


Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless!
Aveen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.