Saturday 18 July 2015

Blogger Meetup in Dundrum

Hey Everyone!

Last Sunday I travelled to Dundrum with Grace to our second blogger meet up! We met up with Jane, Sarah, Cliona, Karolina and Ciara. Jane, Sarah, Grace and I had met up at the previous blogger meet up earlier in the year but we were just as excited to see each other again.

After initial introductions and hugs, we started to plan where to go for lunch. We eventually decided to go for a 'Cheeky Nando's' as most of us had never been there before. Hence, our jokes of 'Archbishop Of Banterbury,' 'M8s' and more began. We were all seated and had a delicious lunch. The conversation was mainly based around our schools, providing funny tales and anecdotes and of course, the Leaving Cert! The Leaving Cert has a nasty habit of infiltrating conversations even when you're 15 or 18.

After our cheeky Nando's, we went wandering around Dundrum using Jane as a guide. I swear she knows the centre like the back of her hand! We ended up outside and promptly began taking selfies. We used the self-timer on Jane's phone for the first 'Squad Goals' selfie. Unfortunately, my selfie stick didn't want to cooperate with Jane's phone so we had to abandon it. We took copious amounts of selfies and giggled our way through it.

We went window-shopping and into several shops including Hollister - which is considerably brighter now. Last time I went, I was nearly bumping into all the displays. A trip to Starbucks is nearly a compulsory requirement when going to Dundrum so I got a beautiful caramel frappuccino! The best part though was how the barista spelt my name right! (A standing ovation would be appropriate.) We went outside to the astro turf and started chatting and playing games. Cliona was the first to leave and departed amidst hugs and farewells.

Soon, it started lashing rain so we all dashed to Hamleys. Any hint of maturity we possessed quickly evaporated once we set our sights on the toys. I went around squealing, reminiscing over childhood memories with certain toys and television shows. I got an Iron Man fan and sweets for The Sibling who fangirled internally. (Fanboyed perhaps?)

I nearly left out a vital part of the day! One of my friends (Hello!) sent me a photo of a top from Penneys with 'Blogger' written on it. She recommended that I bought it for fun. I mentioned it to Jane and we made it our mission to find the t-shirt. It's unbelievable yet we actually found it! Myself, Jane and Sarah bought the tee on the spot with the other girls going to the their local Penneys in the week to find it. It might as well now be our Squad uniform now. So thanks again to my friend! :)

Sadly, Grace and I were the next ones to leave. Overall, it was a fantastic day with lots of fun and friendships made. I really enjoyed the day and it was fantastic to have the opportunity to meet such lovely girls!

Down below are some photos from the day and I'll leave the links to the girls' blogs below.














Photo credits to Jane and Grace 


Sadly, Ciara doesn't have a blog but she really should. Her fashion style is impeccable! 

Stay Strong, Happy & Fearless!
Aveen x


2 comments:

  1. Isnt it nice how many friends and supporters the blogging community offers?
    xx http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It's absolutely wonderful having the opportunity to be friends with lovely people who love the same thing I do. :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.