Thursday 20 November 2014

I'm A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream

Hello!

Sorry for not posting in a while, as you probably all know, the last year of secondary school is VERY demanding so I've been studying and revising non-stop for weeks now. Unfortunately for me, yesterday I went home sick from school with plunging and soaring temperatures, aches, pains and a sore throat. Lovely.

I'm at home today to recover so I'll be back in school hopefully tomorrow. I don't generally miss school, this is my first day off school probably since last December! As a result, I physically cannot sit still, despite being exhausted walking from my room to the sitting room for breakfast. I did some of yesterday's maths questions and practically fell asleep afterwards!

Now, after being told by my Mam, I'm in my room lying in bed. So I figure I might as well tell you about what's been going on the past few weeks! *Not much* I've spent a lot of time studying and doing school work, babysitting and drinking coffee due to a lack of sleep.

Last Friday, my brother and I went to see Nathan Carter (he sings Wagon wheel) It was a spur of the moment decision as my aunt and uncle gave us their tickets as they couldn't go. It was a genuinely brilliant night with people of all ages in attendance and questionable dance moves from more mature members of the audience. ''If you didn't like this concert, well then my name is Daniel O'Donnell.''

I also received a certificate from Swipe Festival for my blog post about 'The Digital Age' so thank you, it really cheered me up after going home sick! I also received my Blood Donor card from the Irish Blood Transfusion Service. Over midterm I donated my blood for the first time as I had just turned 18. Giving blood is a big thing with my family so I went with my Mam and brother to donate.

Since being home sick I've been catching up on the television shows I've missed from doing school work for the past few weeks. Watching 3 episodes straight of American Horror Story and The Walking Dead is extremely relaxing, now to watch this week's episodes and catch up on The Fall! Heaven indeed.

Photos from my week!
My brother and I went to see Nathan Carter! Major thank you is needed to our aunt and uncle who gave us the tickets as they couldn't go. 


My brother sent me this saying that I was my ''own worst' enemy'' 
I replied saying ''Smart women scare weak men. We know more than them. They think that prospect is terrifying.'' 

Thank you to Swipe Festival for my certificate! :D 

I'm officially a blood donor! I felt it would be weird to disclose my blood type. Moustaches not included on cards, it was a way to cover up my blood type. 

So that's about it from me, hope you're not all ill like me!
Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless!
Aveen xx



*lyrics: Taylor Swift ~Blank Space

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon Aveen!
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Frances! I hope so too, I've been overdosing on so much television it's terrifying! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.